In honor of Mothers-day I decided to share a delicious and at the same time healthy chocolate dessert. I have been doing a 10 day cleanse and thus couldn’t really eat anything unhealthy. Like most people, I was craving something sweet. I decided to make myself chocolate mousse, but with healthy ingredients, and can I just say, it was delicious!! Yes, it does kinda look strange, but if I never ate anything that looked odd, I would probably never eat anything! So here it goes:
- One avocado
- a few grapes
- half- whole banana ( depending how large the banana is and how sweet you want it)
- 3 teaspoons raw cocoa powder
- 5 medjool dates
- If you want, raw honey( I didn’t use honey– but that helps sweeten it, if you want it sweeter)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in dish and ENJOY…
I would love to hear some comments on this recipe. Did you make it and like it?
I’m currently experimenting with easy to make dinners, that of course are Vegan. When I found this recipe, it was not only easy to make it, but also fast and super delicious! And to top it off, it looks super pretty and fancy! Who doesn’t want that?
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each of cumin, cinnamon,paprika
- Optional: pinch of sea salt and or lemon juice
GARLIC HERB SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup hummus ( I used tahini)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- water or unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: sea salt to taste
- I added in some dried basil
TOPPINGS ( OPTIONAL):
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley ( I used dried parsley)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
How to Make:
- Preheat Oven to 400 F ( 205 Celcius) degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and cut sweet potatoes and rub with oil, place on baking sheet.
- Toss rinsed and drained chickpeas with olive oil and spices on a baking sheet.
- While Sweet potatoes and chickpeas are baking ( approximately 25 minutes), prepare the sauce and toppings.
- To make the Garlic Sauce, in a container mix Hummus( or Tahini) , lemon juice, crushed garlic, water/almond milk, and sea salt and MIX! I also added some dried basil.. Add as much or as little water/almond milk as you need to have the consistency that you want your sauce to be.
- For the toppings( if you choose to make this), add the cherry tomatoes, parsley and lemon juice in a container and let marinate.
- When the sweet potatoes are fork-tender, dish them on a plate flesh side up. Add the chickpeas, and top off with the sauce and toppings!
- Enjoy and serve again!
I seriously thought this was delicious and got some requests to share this! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
With Valentines day creeping up, I thought it’s a great time to update my blog. I figured these red colored– yes actually healthy coloring and not some fake dye– cupcakes or cake would be fun and super delicious to make. Unfortunately they are not gluten free– but I’m sure you smart folks can convert it to Gluten free cupcakes.
- 1/4 cup pureed beet (this is what gives it a slight red coloring)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk ( I’m sure you can use other milk or substitutes) + 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2.5 Tbsp cane sugar ( I used brown sugar)
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil or earth balance
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips– melted
- For topping/middle : 2 squares quality vegan dark chocolate
- Butter a muffin pan or cake pan
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit ( 190 Celcius)
- Add almond milk and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl, let set for a minute
- Add the sugar, oil, vanilla, and beet puree of the beet. Mix very well.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Lastly add melted chocolate and mix more.
- Divide batter evenly up to the almost top of pan. Put some of the squares of chocolate down the center of batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until done!
- Let rest in pan for 4 minutes and then you can take them out—- should come loose from pan fairly easily.
- Can be served with whipped cream (Of course a Vegan version)!
- ENJOY! and tell me if you enjoyed these!
I needed to make Brownies, and I realized that I only had one egg ( since I don’t really eat eggs) and most recipes require more than one. I decided to look for a Vegan recipe.I was so excited when I found this recipe on Pintrest, since I have a lot of Zucchini in my yard ( Sometimes it gets to the point, where we don’t know where to go with ’em). And this recipe is so freaking delicious too! I’d love to hear about more different Brownie Recipes!!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup veggie oil
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat Oven to 350F. Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray/oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and flour. Turn mixer on low, and add cocoa, zucchini, vanilla,salt and baking powder.Once well combined, add with a spatula/spoon chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in the pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and cut into squares!