I’m currently experimenting with easy to make dinners, that of course are Vegan. When I found this recipe, it was not only easy to make it, but also fast and super delicious! And to top it off, it looks super pretty and fancy! Who doesn’t want that?
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each of cumin, cinnamon,paprika
- Optional: pinch of sea salt and or lemon juice
GARLIC HERB SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup hummus ( I used tahini)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- water or unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: sea salt to taste
- I added in some dried basil
TOPPINGS ( OPTIONAL):
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley ( I used dried parsley)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
How to Make:
- Preheat Oven to 400 F ( 205 Celcius) degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and cut sweet potatoes and rub with oil, place on baking sheet.
- Toss rinsed and drained chickpeas with olive oil and spices on a baking sheet.
- While Sweet potatoes and chickpeas are baking ( approximately 25 minutes), prepare the sauce and toppings.
- To make the Garlic Sauce, in a container mix Hummus( or Tahini) , lemon juice, crushed garlic, water/almond milk, and sea salt and MIX! I also added some dried basil.. Add as much or as little water/almond milk as you need to have the consistency that you want your sauce to be.
- For the toppings( if you choose to make this), add the cherry tomatoes, parsley and lemon juice in a container and let marinate.
- When the sweet potatoes are fork-tender, dish them on a plate flesh side up. Add the chickpeas, and top off with the sauce and toppings!
- Enjoy and serve again!
I seriously thought this was delicious and got some requests to share this! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.