In honor of Mothers-day I decided to share a delicious and at the same time healthy chocolate dessert. I have been doing a 10 day cleanse and thus couldn’t really eat anything unhealthy. Like most people, I was craving something sweet. I decided to make myself chocolate mousse, but with healthy ingredients, and can I just say, it was delicious!! Yes, it does kinda look strange, but if I never ate anything that looked odd, I would probably never eat anything! So here it goes:
- One avocado
- a few grapes
- half- whole banana ( depending how large the banana is and how sweet you want it)
- 3 teaspoons raw cocoa powder
- 5 medjool dates
- If you want, raw honey( I didn’t use honey– but that helps sweeten it, if you want it sweeter)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in dish and ENJOY…
I would love to hear some comments on this recipe. Did you make it and like it?
With Valentines day creeping up, I thought it’s a great time to update my blog. I figured these red colored– yes actually healthy coloring and not some fake dye– cupcakes or cake would be fun and super delicious to make. Unfortunately they are not gluten free– but I’m sure you smart folks can convert it to Gluten free cupcakes.
- 1/4 cup pureed beet (this is what gives it a slight red coloring)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk ( I’m sure you can use other milk or substitutes) + 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2.5 Tbsp cane sugar ( I used brown sugar)
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil or earth balance
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips– melted
- For topping/middle : 2 squares quality vegan dark chocolate
- Butter a muffin pan or cake pan
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit ( 190 Celcius)
- Add almond milk and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl, let set for a minute
- Add the sugar, oil, vanilla, and beet puree of the beet. Mix very well.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Lastly add melted chocolate and mix more.
- Divide batter evenly up to the almost top of pan. Put some of the squares of chocolate down the center of batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until done!
- Let rest in pan for 4 minutes and then you can take them out—- should come loose from pan fairly easily.
- Can be served with whipped cream (Of course a Vegan version)!
- ENJOY! and tell me if you enjoyed these!