Since Summer has arrived, I decided to start my Blog off with a refreshing Lavender Lemonade recipe.We used to have a Lemon tree with a ton of lemons, which led to a lot of home-made lemonade. Finally a twist to regular lemonade, and it’s so easy! There are a few different recipes out there ( all fairly similar), but the one I like the most is:
- 1 Cup Sugar ( White cane sugar is fine)
- 1 tablespoon dried Lavender buds ( I have read that you can also use fresh Lavender from the Garden-make sure they aren’t chemically treated!)
- 2 Cups hot/boiling water
- 1 1/2 Cups Lemon Juice ( I use the bottled kind, but if you have fresh Lemons, this would probably be way better)
- 2 Cups Cold water ( Or more, however sweet you want this to be)
- Put the Sugar and the Lavender Buds in a bowl. Using your hands, rub the lavender and sugar together( This process helps the lavender flavor to “be more there”).
- Add the boiling water,stir till the sugar is melted and let sit for at least 30 minutes to infuse the flavor.
- Add the Lemon Juice and strain the whole mixture into a pitcher. ( The lavender buds are thrown away).
- Lastly add ice and cold water. DRINK and ENJOY! This is where you can add water to your own taste. ( I like to add the two cups into the pitcher, and then only use a third or half a glass of that lemonade and add the rest extra water).
WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, BE CREATIVE AND MAKE LAVENDER LEMONADE!